Join the Sustainability Office and other local organizations for Bike Lunch on June 20th from 11AM to 2PM. Bike Lunch is a campus-wide event to provide students and employees with the resources, tools and encouragement to bike to school or work.
Come celebrate your efforts of biking to school, work, or for leisure and help promote sustainable commuting to campus. Check out all the details below!
- Free lunch will be provided for those who biked to school or work (first-come, first-served!)
- Free bike tune-ups will be available
- There will be several booths from across the Region including:
- Bike Centre - Free simple tune-ups, and information about services on campus
- Campus Police - Information on bike theft prevention and bike registry program
- City of Waterloo - Information about equipping stations
- King Street Cycles - Free tune-ups!
- Peer Health Education - Tips for bike safety on campus and in the community
- TravelWise - Demo of GRT bike rack to help you practice! Also available to answer any questions you have about commuting to work or school and your access to gotravelwise.ca
- Vendor passport to enter draw for $50 gift card to King Street Cycles, plus other swag and giveaways!
- Photobooth with volunteer photographer to snap some photos of you and your friends!
Please note, registration is not required but you can express your interest on our Facebook event page.