Join the Sustainability Office for Bike Month 2021! With the warm weather here to stay, hop on your bike to enjoy the many benefits that biking has to offer (and help the planet while you're at it!).
Between June 1 and June 30, we encourage you to take part in our #BikeMonthUW challenge from home or on campus for a chance to win some great prizes.
You can participate in two ways:
- Snap a photo of yourself or your household on a bike ride
- Share your favourite cycling story
Submit your bike photo or story by tagging @uwsustainable and #BikeMonthUW on social media or send an email to email@example.com to be entered into the prize draw.
Participants will be entered to win one of 10 $50 gift cards to a local cycling shop to support safe and active transportation, including:
- 1 of 4 $50 gift card to King Street Cycles
- 1 of 3 $50 gift card to McPhail’s
- 1 of 3 $50 gift card to MEC
See dropdown below for full terms and conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You must be a student or employee at the University of Waterloo, aged 18 years or older and residing in Ontario to be eligible for the prize draw.
- The challenge starts on Tuesday, June 1 at 9:00am and runs until Friday, June 30, 2021 at 5:00pm.
- Participants may submit up to five photos or stories during the challenge period. Each photo or story submission will count as one entry into the prize draw, for a maximum of five entries.
- No purchase is necessary. Participation is voluntary and may be withdrawn at any time. Alternate entry can be arranged by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The winners will be selected by random draw and notified by Wednesday, July 7, 2021.
- The selected winner must answer a skill testing question correctly before obtaining the prize and being declared winner. If incorrectly answered, another entrant will be selected randomly.
- Selection of winners is randomized, where chances of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.