In honour of Earth Month, we invite you to join us for our annual campus clean-up! We will provide you with bags, gloves, and litter pickers. There are a number of litter "hot spots" on and around main campus that we'll tackle in smaller groups.
Date: Friday, April 21
Time: 11am-2pm (come by when you can!)
Location: Pick up/drop off at EV3 atrium
How to Participate
- Supplies can be picked up/dropped off at the atrium in EV3 anytime between 11am-2pm on Friday, April 21
- Return your filled bags to EV3 when you're done and enjoy a special treat on us!
- The event will take place rain or shine, so please dress appropriately
Special thanks to the City of Waterloo for generously donating supplies.
Bingo Card terms and conditions
- Sponsor: The Earth Day Clean-Up Bingo Card Game (Contest) is sponsored by the Sustainability Office at the University of Waterloo, EV1-301, 200 University Avenue West, Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 3G1 (Sponsor).
- Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, and international students actively registered with the University of Waterloo and physically present in Canada (excluding Quebec) under a valid study permit, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Contest Dates and Times: The Contest runs from Friday, April 21, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. EST (Contest Start Date) to Saturday, April 22, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. EST (Contest End Date) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted.
- How to Enter: You can enter by filling out the digital bingo card, found on the Sustainability Office Instagram Story. For this Contest receipt of an internet entry occurs when the Sustainability Office is tagged in a completed bingo card or receives a completed bingo card image via email or direct message on Instagram. All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive licence to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with Selected Entrants. Proof of transmission (for example, screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
- Contest Prizes: There is a total of 1 prize available to be won as follows: One (1) grand prize of a reusable cutlery set, reusable produce bag, and reusable water bottle (approximate retail value: $40).
All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this Contest or the use or redemption of a prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. Prizes or any portion of a prize cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of such Prize is unavailable with a prize or prize component(s) of equal or greater retail value, including, without limitation, but solely at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, a cash award. All characteristics and features of the Prize, except as otherwise explicitly stated above, are at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein. Prepaid cards are subject to all of the terms and conditions as stated by the issuer.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest End Date.
- Skill-testing Question: Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition of winning a prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by email.
- Winner Selection and Confirmation: On April 26, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. EST at 200 University Avenue, Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 3G1 (Draw Date) the Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received before Contest End Date and select the potential winners (Selected Entrants). Selected Entrants will be deemed winners if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, Selected Entrants will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question; and (ii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Selected Entrants will be notified within 7 business days of the contest draw and will be contacted by email provided at the time of entry into the Contest. Up to three attempts will be made to contact Selected Entrants within 7 business days following the draw. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept a prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the individual assigned to the email address entered at the time of entry (Authorized Account Holder). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with a selected entry.
- Release and Indemnification: All entrants and winners confirm compliance with all Contest Rules, agree to accept prizes as awarded, and agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of entries by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of prizes as awarded and, moreover, all entrants and winners agree to indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by entrants with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize, and the use of entries by the Sponsor.
- Disclaimer: The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information that may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries that fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries; (iv) injury or damage to entrants’ computers or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any related travel and the use of entries by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
- Primacy of the Rules: In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to, any instructions or interpretations of these Rules given by any representative of the Sponsor, the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Severability: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Other Conditions: The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice to entrants. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
- Publicity and Entrant Information: By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, email address, postal code, telephone number, social media handle(s), comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of the Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation.
- Law: The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Ontario, and the laws of Canada applicable therein,, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Waterloo, Ontario.
- Rules Amendments: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
- Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
- Use of Personal Information: By entering this Contest, each entrant expressly consents to the Sponsor, its agents and/or representatives, collection, use, storing and sharing the personal information submitted for the purpose of administering the Contest and facilitating the Sponsor advertising and recruitment efforts for future contests, under the authority of the University of Waterloo Act, 1972 and in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. F. 31 as amended, as well as in compliance with Sponsor’s policies (e.g., Policy 46) and guidelines. This section does not limit any other consent(s) that an individual may provide the Sponsor or others in relation to the collection, use and/or disclosure of their personal information. Personal Information will only be used for Contest sponsor(s) marketing purposes with the entrant's consent. Entrants acknowledge that questions regarding the processing of personal information associated with this Contest are to be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO . All Rights Reserved.