Show Us Your Sustainability
While we can't see you in person this fall, we want to stay connected! The Show Us Your Sustainability challenge encourages you to continue practicing sustainable living, wherever you are, by taking action on weekly Sustainability Tips from September 14 to November 30, 2020.
Each week, students and employees are encouraged to check out our weekly Sustainability Tip on Instagram or Twitter and submit a photo or video of how they are taking action on it. Participants will be entered into a prize draw for a $50 WatCard top-up each week they participate.
How to enter
2. Take a picture/video showing how you are taking action on the weekly Sustainability Tip. Weekly tips will be posted on the Sustainability Office Instagram and Twitter accounts (@uwsustainable) by 10am each Monday between September 14, 2020 and November 30, 2020.
3. Submit your photo to the Sustainability Office.
- Option 1: Post your photo/video on your social media account (Instagram or Twitter) and tag @uwsustainable.
- Option 2: Send your photo/video directly to the Sustainability Office through direct message (Instagram or Twitter) or by email (email@example.com). The Sustainability Office will then share the photo/video on their social media platforms, unless otherwise specified.
4. Weekly submissions must be received by 11:59pm on the following dates:
- Week 1: Sunday, September 20, 2020
- Week 2: Sunday, September 27, 2020
- Week 3: Sunday, October 4, 2020
- Week 4: Sunday, October 11, 2020
- Week 5: Sunday, October 18, 2020
- Week 6: Sunday, October 25, 2020
- Week 7: Sunday, November 1, 2020
- Week 8: Sunday, November 8, 2020
- Week 9: Sunday, November 15, 2020
- Week 10: Sunday, November 22, 2020
- Week 11: Sunday, November 29, 2020
- Week 12: Sunday, December 6, 2020
5. Only one submission per person per week will be counted for the prize draw.
1. All students, staff, and faculty at the University of Waterloo are eligible for this contest.
2. By submitting a photo to the Sustainability Office, you confirm the following:
- You agree to the rules and conditions of this contest.
- You are the owner of the photograph.
- You grant the University of Waterloo a royalty-free, non-exclusive right in perpetuity to distribute, display and reproduce your photograph without attribution in any form of media. This includes allowing third-parties to share the photograph on their social media networks.
The winner of each week's prize draw will receive a $50 WatCard top-up.
1. The odds of winning are based on the number of entries. Winners will be selected by random draw.
2. Winners will be selected each week by Monday at 12:00pm for the previous week’s submissions. Winners will be announced on social media and contacted by end of day each Monday.
3. Winners agree to answer a skill-testing question and sign the Prize/Gift Reporting form from the University of Waterloo.
4. No purchase necessary. For alternative entry, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.