A better future for all is possible. The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) are an attempt to plot a course toward that better future. Countries, institutions, even individuals can contribute to these goals through policies, programs, initiatives, and everyday actions. And while these goals are arranged under 17 headings, there is a recognition that the best outcomes are achieved when we work together to address multiple interconnected goals. This week, the Sustainability Office will provide a snapshot of all 17 SDGs, showcasing the work that the University of Waterloo and individuals have done and can continue to do to support these goals.
The Sustainability Office also invites you to answer a quick 4-question survey to better understand awareness of the SDGs at UWaterloo. Participants can enter their name into a random draw for one of five $20 WatCard Top Ups.
For those wanting to learn more, the UN SDGs is a great resource, the Sustainable Development Solutions Network is based here at UWaterloo, and the SDG student hub on campus is called Impact Alliance.
SDG Week Survey | FAQs | Terms and conditions
SDG Week Survey
Are you ready for the SDG Week?
- Complete the survey by answering the 4 SDG related questions below by March 5th 2022 either through qualtrics survey, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter
- Enter to win a prize by sending us your email through qualtrics, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter
By completing the steps above, you will be entered in a random prize draw to win one of these amazing prizes (see terms and conditions):
- 1 of 5 $20 gift cards
We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions to help you prepare for Unplug! 2022. If your question wasn't answered here, please reach out to the Sustainability Office.
1. Where can I enter to win?
We encourage everyone to complete the survey either through Qualtrics, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn. If you would like to be entered for a chance to win one of our prizes, all you have to do is send us your email address for us to contact you.
For privacy reasons, we will safegaurd your information and it will only be used for SDG week purposes.
2. Do I have to answer all of the questions?
We encourage everyone to answer to the best of your capability! For more information on Sustainable Development Goals please check out our social media posts the week of February 28th 2022 and check out their website.
Terms and conditions
SDG Week Survey
- You must be a student or employee at the University of Waterloo, aged 18 years or older and residing in Ontario to be eligible for the prize draw.
- The survey starts on Monday, February 28 2022 and runs until March 5 2022. (Registration will open on March 5 2022 11:59 PM EST).
- Participants can answer survey qestions to win via Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and Qualtrics by submitting their email address
- Completion either Social Media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) or Qualtrics survey and submission of email address willl be entered to win a prize.
- One entry per person.
- No purchase is necessary. Participation is voluntary and may be withdrawn at any time. Alternate entry can be arranged by emailing Heather McDiarmid (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The winners will be selected by random draw and notified by Monday, March 7 2022.
- The selected winner must answer a skill testing question correctly and complete a Gift Reporting Form before obtaining the prize and being declared winner. If incorrectly answered, another entrant will be selected randomly.
- Selection of winners is randomized, where chances of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.