Engineering 5, 6th Floor
519-888-4567, Extension 32600
The Department of Systems Design Engineering grants the following graduate degrees. See each program for the minimum G.P.A., course and milestone requirements.
- Master of Engineering (MEng)
- Master of Applied Science (MASc)
- Accelerated Master's Program (UW BASc/MASc)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Collaborative program in Nanotechnology
The Department and Graduate Studies web sites provide information designed to help applicants determine their eligibility for admission.
Requests for pre-evaluation cannot be accommodated and will be redirected to formally apply online. Only complete applications will be reviewed and considered for admission.
- Applicants should apply before the applicable application deadline in order to ensure all supporting documents can be uploaded and received at Waterloo by the deadline.
- Applicants are not required to secure a Supervisor(s) prior to applying for admission.
- A valid Offer of Admission is one that is sent from the Graduate Studies Office to the student's UW QUEST account.
- Application & admission
- Application Deadlines
- Registration & enrolment
- Awards & funding and other information
- GRS (Graduate Research Studentship) Minimum Funding
- International Students
- Study and living costs and other information
- English Language Proficiency
- ESL Courses (English as a Second Language)
- English Language Studies
Students officially admitted to SYDE should refer to the Powerpoint slides located under Current graduate students - left navigation.