The Ontario Universities Program in Field Biology is hoping to run a full set of modules in summer 2023.
Please be advised that there is uncertainty around the COVID pandemic. We will update this website to reflect changes as needed. Waterloo has reserve spots in the following modules:
- Module 2: Desert Ecology & Evolution - 1 spot
- Module 3: Tropical Marine Environments - 1 spot
- Module 4: Belize: Rainforest & Reef - 4 spots
- Module 5: Adirondack Forest Ecology - 1 spot
- Module 6: Turtles: Ecology, Behaviour, and Conservation - 1 spot
- Module 7: Dolphin and Whale Biology and Conservation in Tropical Asia - 2 spots
- Module 9: Field Methods in Ecological and Environmental Genomics - 1 spot
- Module 10: Subarctic Aquatic Ecology - 1 spot
- Module 11: Urban Water Ecology - 1 spot
- Module 16: Fish Ecology and Fisheries: Conservation and Management - 1 spot
- Module 19: Biodiversity in the Biosphere Reserve - 2 spots
- Module 20: Wildlife and Ecology in East African Ecosystems - 1 spot
To apply, please go to the OUPFB website, fill out the Application Form, and submit the application form to Mrs. Sue Whyte (firstname.lastname@example.org). Your completed application form, and a $350 deposit (Pay Deposit Here) is due on January 23, 2023.
Normally, we add BIOL 490A Biology Field Course 1 to the Fall 2023. Please indicate if you require the course to be back-dated to Winter 2023.
Your deposit will be returned to you, if we cannot place you in a course.
We will be hosting an information session on Wednesday, January 11th, 5:30-6:20pm in B2-350.
(last updated December 23, 2022)