All students in Honours Biology Co-op are required to submit a work-term report to the Biology Department for evaluation. Your report must follow the Biology Work Term Report Guidelines. Your report will be evaluated with the Biology Work-Term Report Rubric (PDF).
If you have an 8-month work term you must submit a separate report for each term by the submission deadline if you are required to write two reports.
How to submit your work-term report
All Biology work-term reports must be addressed to the Chair of the Biology Department and submitted to Jeannie Redpath-Erb in B1-381 by the 10th day of lectures in the study term that follows your co-op term. You will then submit your work term report to the Turnitin dropbox in LEARN. Do NOT submit confidential work reports to the dropbox in LEARN OR hand in a paper copy to Jeannie Redpath-Erb.
Top 10 Missed Points
Below are the common mistakes made on work-term reports:
- Spacing between units. There should be a space between the numerical value and unit symbol (e.g. 5 mg, 100 mg/L, 1 mM)
- "Its" versus "It's"
- Consistently formatted in-text references and reference list
- Data - a plural form of the noun
- Sloppiness in the table of contents
- Make sure page numbers are accurate
- Make sure the Figure numbers match those used in the text
- Number your conclusions and recommendation
- Ensure the figure legend describes the figure
- Improper use of tenses, e.g. mixing Simple Past and Simple Present Tenses in a single sentence or paragraph