The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programs focuses on original engineering research with a faculty member.
We suggest that you apply to the program and upload all required materials before contacting faculty members in your research area(s) of interest. You may apply without a supervisor.
To be accepted into the program, you must have a supervisor. To contact a faculty member about being your supervisor, use our official form.
For more information, please email the Manager, Graduate Studies.
PhD Graduate Studies Academic Calendar
- 3.5 courses effective Fall 2019
- Original research
- 4 years (12 terms)
- Full-time and part-time study available
Admission requirements and documents
- Master of Applied Science or equivalent degree
- 80% average in previous degree
- Supplementary Information Form
- 3 references (at least 2 must be academic)
- Evidence of English language proficiency if not educated in a North American institution and not on the exemption list.
Please review admission requirements before applying.
*Supporting application documents must be uploaded within 10 business days of application being submitted
All documents related to your application must be uploaded within 10 business days of your application submission.
Finding a supervisor
Every PhD applicant must be accepted as a candidate under the supervision of a Chemical Engineering faculty member.
Once you have a complete application package, contact potential academic supervisors conducting research in your area of specialization. You may also view current open positions from supervisors. You are responsibile for bringing your performance and record to the attention of those faculty members under whom you would like to work.