The Waterloo Advantage
Waterloo's Chemical Engineering department is a leader in engineering research and education in Canada. Join our group of outstanding faculty and student researchers who shine brightly on the international stage.
Waterloo has granted the most Engineering PhD degrees in Canada over the last five years. As a graduate, you will join a strong network of exceptional alumni, focused on advancing solutions for real-world problems. In addition, you’ll study important chemical engineering topics for today’s industry, and receive competitive funding for your research.
- Learn from chemical engineering experts and conduct research on the latest innovations.
- Work with world-renowned experts in today's latest innovations. Waterloo Engineering has an impressive record of research achievements: 54 of our faculty members are Early Researcher Award recipients. If you are interested in working with one of our faculty members in a specific area of research, use our contact a professor form.
- Study, work and collaborate in world–class facilities with the most up–to–date technology.
- Use your ideas to partner with industry or commercialize a product. You have 100% ownership over your ideas and technology.
Connect with industry partners in Waterloo Region - one of Canada's leading technology hubs. Our faculty members have many long-standing relationships with industry players.
As a graduate student in the Department of Chemical Engineering, you will be part of a vibrant, inspiring community within the Faculty of Engineering. You will also find opportunities to connect with graduate students across other University of Waterloo faculties and departments, and enjoy the rich services and attractions in and around the Kitchener-Waterloo area.
Here’s a sampling of what a graduate student life looks like at the University of Waterloo:
- Meet with friends and professors at the Graduate House
- Connect with other Chemical Engineering grad students, have fun, and help shape your Waterloo experience with the Chemical Engineering Graduate Student Association (CEGSA)
- Want to find friends, classmates and create new Waterloo Engineering connections sign up for the Waterloo Engineering Hub. For more information follow link.
- Enjoy movie nights or bus trips organized by your Graduate Student Association
- Live at Columbia Lake Village or St. Paul's apartments, residences for graduate students and their families
- Shop in our neighbourhood; we have stores and restaurants nearby
- Participate in athletics and recreation; use our arena, tennis courts, playing fields and the Physical Activities Complex (PAC)
- Present at the Graduate Student Research Conference; share your work with other students