As one of your degree milestones, required for graduation, all MASc students must present a research seminar. We expect this to be completed before the end of your 4th term. This is required before submission of your thesis. All students (MEng, MASc, PhD) are welcome and encouraged to attend these sessions. Students (including those presenting) will receive credit for seminar attendance if they remain in the room for all presentations happening on that day. Faculty supervisors of presenting students and one member of the GRC will be in attendance to assess presentations.
- Presentations are 15 minutes in length including 2 minutes of question and answers from the audience.
- It is not essential or required that you have final research results to present; the emphasis of presentation should be on defining/describing your problem, stating your specific objective(s) and outlining your approach.
- If you have results (preliminary or otherwise) to show, you should include these.
- All funding and collaborations must be acknowledged.
- Presenters must follow a business dress code