Chemical Transportation Safety
- Any chemicals in glass containers must use ‘Double Containment Method’
- Per “NEW” Safety Office Bulletin “Safety Requirements for Transporting Chemicals between Rooms and Buildings”, effective 01-OCT-14
Compressed Gas Transportation Safety
- All Researchers must be trained at the PRAXAIR training sessions or by the On-Line module
- Compressed gas bottles must only be moved on approved carts with the safety caps on.
Hazardous Waste Transportation Safety
- Ch.E. Shipping & Receiving provides the researcher with a place to bring waste chemicals
- Containers must be labelled in full, prior to arrival
- Containers should be clean and free of contaminants on the outside surface and transported without the use of gloves
- Secondary containment (using a plastic tub) required during transport
- You will be asked to classify the waste as either acid, base, flammable, oxidizer or toxic
- For the bio-waste containers, the yellow bag inside must be tied closed
- 1:00pm to 1:20pm, Tuesday, DWE 1521
- 2:00pm to 2:20pm, Tuesday, E6 1022
Nitrile Gloves - Transportation Safety
- Do NOT wear them in the Hallways or around the Lab.
- Help ELIMINATE CONTAMINATION. Take them off when the hazard is passed.