The Waterloo Institute for Sustainable Energy and the Canadian Plastics Industry Association are pleased to offer complimentary academic registration to faculty and students for this 2-day event.
This conference is intended to bring together international experts, policy makers, researchers, innovators and entrepreneurs to explore how the advancements in resource recovery technologies and the pursuit of a sustainable economy are changing the way we interact with our world.
The goal of the two-day interactive event is to address the critical components required in the journey towards zero waste and a sustainable economy.
Our panels of experts will share insights and invite audience feedback on the following topics:
- Circular economy: is there an integrated approach to sustainable energy and sustainable materials management?
- Competing philosophies of the sustainable economy: is there “one” right answer?
- Waste as feedstocks – technology – end markets: can we close the loop to maximize resource efficiency?
- Exploring the versatility of recovery technologies: discover new methods and hidden sources of achieving sustainable energy
- Charting the path to a sustainable economy by identifying the financial, legislative and market challenges, impediments and opportunities for advancing the “4th R” – resource recovery