As a graduate student in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, you will be part of a vibrant, inspiring community within the Faculty of Engineering. You will also find opportunities to connect with graduate students across other University of Waterloo faculties and departments and enjoy the rich services and attractions in and around the Kitchener-Waterloo area.
Here’s a sampling of what graduate student life looks like at UW:
- Meet with friends and professors at the Graduate House
- Connect with other Civil and Environmental Engineering grad students, have fun, and help shape your Waterloo experience with the Civil and Environmental Engineering Graduate Association (CE2GA)
- Enjoy movie nights or bus trips organized by your Graduate Student Association
- Live at Columbia Lake Village or St.Paul's apartments, residences for graduate students and their families
- Shop in our neighbourhood; we have stores and restaurants nearby
- Participate in athletics and recreation; use our arena, tennis courts, playing fields and the Physical Activities Complex (PAC)
- Present at the Graduate Student Research Conference; share your work with other students
Want to see some of the best Waterloo Engineering highlights? Watch the campus tour video.