Wayne Chang is Continuing Lecturer and Enterprise Co-op Coordinator at the Conrad School of Entrepreneurship and Business. He has taught over 7 years to undergraduate students for venture creation, business models and startup business processes; and over 3 years to graduate students in the part-time Master’s of Business, Entrepreneurship and Techology (MBET) program. He supports the Waterloo student startup ecosystem as invited speaker at events and hackathons; and served as judge for pitch competitions. He is a proponent of experiential learning and was selected as one of four faculty members across campus for the Centre of Teaching Excellence, Experiential Learning Leads (ExL) 1-year program in 2018. He received the University of Waterloo Distinguished Teacher Award in 2018, and the Faculty of Engineering Sanford Fleming Foundation Teaching Excellence Award in 2017.
- engineering education
- experiential learning
- entrepreneurial mindset
- venture creation
- 1993, Doctorate, Materials Engineering Program, Western University
- 1990, Master of Engineering, Materials Engineering Program, Western University
- 1987, Bachelor of Science (BSc), Physics, University of Waterloo
- BET 300 - Foundations of Venture Creation
- Taught in 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- BET 608 - Business Model Validation
- Taught in 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
* Only courses taught in the past 5 years are displayed.
- Not currently accepting applications for graduate students