We acknowledge that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes six miles on each side of the Grand River.
Wayne Chang is Continuing Lecturer and Enterprise Co-op Coordinator at the Conrad School of Entrepreneurship and Business. He has taught over 7 years to undergraduate students for venture creation, business models and startup business processes; and over 3 years to graduate students in the part-time Master’s of Business, Entrepreneurship and Techology (MBET) program. He supports the Waterloo student startup ecosystem as invited speaker at events and hackathons; and served as judge for pitch competitions. He is a proponent of experiential learning and was selected as one of four faculty members across campus for the Centre of Teaching Excellence, Experiential Learning Leads (ExL) 1-year program in 2018. He received the University of Waterloo Distinguished Teacher Award in 2018, and the Faculty of Engineering Sanford Fleming Foundation Teaching Excellence Award in 2017.
- engineering education
- experiential learning
- entrepreneurial mindset
- venture creation
- 1993, Doctorate, Materials Engineering Program, Western University
- 1990, Master of Engineering, Materials Engineering Program, Western University
- 1987, Bachelor of Science (BSc), Physics, University of Waterloo
- BET 300 - Foundations, Venture Creation
- Taught in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- BET 608 - Business Model Validation
- Taught in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Not currently accepting applications for graduate students