Use this form to:
- Apply for the J. Alan George Student Leadership Award.
The J. Alan George Student Leadership Award is presented to an entering graduate student, chosen from among students within three terms of first receipt of a Provost Doctoral Entrance Award for Women and based on a record of student leadership. Selection will be made by the Advisory Committee on Graduate Scholarships and Awards. If the Provost Doctoral Entrance Award for Women ceases, the terms of this award will be redefined.
The value and number of awards vary from year to year.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- applicants must be currently registered full-time within their first year of doctoral studies at the University of Waterloo
- applicants must be within three terms of first receipt of a Provost Doctoral Entrance Award for Women
- applicants must demonstrate outstanding leadership
Applications and required supporting documentation (as outlined on the form) must be submitted to the department for ranking purposes by October 15th before being forwarded to the faculty and then to GSPA.
The department/faculty will take the following criteria into consideration and will forward their top candidates to GSPA:
- contribution and research potential of the applicant
- academic excellence as portrayed in the transcripts
- extracurricular activities and student leadership
The Advisory Committee on Graduate Scholarships & Awards will review and rank the applications submitted. GSPA will communicate with the applicants by the end of November.