Use this form to request examination relief for your final examination schedule when final exams are scheduled in consecutive exam periods, in the following instances:
- two University of Waterloo exams, or
- Waterloo on-campus exam and/or exams for online courses offered through the Centre for Extended Learning (CEL), or
- one Waterloo exam and one Wilfrid Laurier University (Laurier) exam.
- Note: If a Waterloo and a Laurier exam are scheduled consecutively, relief may be requested for the Waterloo exam only. The Laurier exam must be written at the scheduled date and time. Relief for consecutive Laurier exams must be requested through Laurier.
For winter term relief: Not applicable
- If you choose to request exam relief, note that knowledgeable proctors will not be available to answer questions at your alternate location/time.
Relief is not available if your exam is written in a lab (i.e., computer lab, wet lab, etc.) or requires special equipment (i.e., musical instruments, etc.). The Registrar's Office will notify you if these situations apply, once the form is submitted.
- If you choose not to request exam relief (or miss the submission deadline) for consecutively scheduled exams, petitions and grievances will not be granted.
Contact The Centre if you have questions about completing this form.