- BES Hons. Geography and Env. Management (Co-op & Regular)
- BES Hons. Geomatics (Co-op & Regular)
- BSC Hons. Climate and Environmental Change (Co-op and Regular)
- BES Hons. Geography and Aviation (Regular)
- BES Joint Hons. Geography and Env. Management (Regular)
- BES Joint Hons. Geomatics (Regular)
- BSC Hons. Climate and Environmental Change (Regular)
- Minor in Geography and Environmental Management
- General Degree in Geography and Env. Management (3 years)
Our Geography and Geomatics plans provide the ability for students to tailor their degree to specific interests in geography, sustainability and environmental management. Our specializations are Geomatics, Climate Change and Environment, Earth Systems Science, Economy and Society, and Aviation.
Undergraduate field course opportunities: 8
Five courses in the program offer field trips as part of their regular course offering. Each year, upper year field courses travel to one of the following places: Nepal, Indonesia, China, the Arctic.
Students are welcomed into our degree programs from a variety of different backgrounds and places. The Geography we do is not your Grade 9 geography but highly interdisciplinary and solutions focused.
Number of alumni from GEM (since 1970s): 6,826
Number of professors and staff: 37
As one of the largest geography departments in Canada, GEM has many strengths, including excellence in research and teaching driven by a dynamic and diverse interdisciplinary approach. We are known for our cutting edge expertise in Climate Change, Environment and Society, Earth System Science and Geomatics.