If you entered Geography and Environmental Management (GEM) or Geomatics plan before September, you have the choice of following the requirements outlined in the current calendar, or the requirements of an earlier calendar.
If you wish to follow the requirements described here, rather than an earlier version, then you must make this request on a Plan Modification Form (PDF).
- Geography and Environmental Management Four-Year Honours (Regular and Co-op)
- Joint Honours Geography and Environmental Management
- Geography and Environmental Management Three-Year General
- Geography and Environmental Management Minor
- Honours Geomatics (Regular and Co-op)
- Joint Honours Geomatics
- Honours Geography and Aviation (Regular)
Specializations, options, diplomas, and minors
As a Department of Geography and Environmental Management student, you can focus your interests in one of five specializations:
- Climate Change and Environment
- Economy and Society
- Earth Systems Science
You can further pursue your interests by doing an option, diploma or minor as part of your degree.
Modifying your plan
Students who intend to add a minor, option, or second major (e.g., joint honours or concurrent degree) to their academic studies must receive approval from the Director or Advisor for the second major, minor and/or option, as well as the Undergraduate Officer for their major plan of study.
A Plan Modification Form (PDF) must be completed, signed, and submitted to Miljana Kovacevic (EV1-316) for GEM and Geomatics plans, or Jesse MacLeod (EV1-311) for Geography and Aviation, and 2+2 plans prior to the start of year three.