Waterloo is a global leader in co-operative education, or “co-op.” Enjoy access to North America’s largest selection of co-op jobs and gain valuable workplace experience to complement your world-class education.
How co-op works
Through co-op, you'll alternate 4-month school terms with 4-month paid work terms in jobs relating to your program. We'll guide you through the process of finding a job with one of our 6,700+ employers.
You'll learn how to write a résumé, how to present yourself well at an interview, and how to conduct yourself on the job - all the skills you'll need when you're starting your career.
Learn more about co-op at Waterloo.
Choose your experience
What kind of companies will you work for?
The types of jobs you can apply for may vary by program. Past co-op employers of Environment students include:
- Environment Canada
- Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
- Canadian Tire Corporation
- Labatt Breweries
- Microsoft Canada
- Earth Day Canada
- Vancouver International Airport
- The United Nations
- World Wildlife Fund Canada
- The Government of Madagascar
- Ontario Ministry of Transportation
- Statistics Canada
- City of Toronto
- Sun Life Financial
Which Environment programs offer co-op?
- Environment and Business - co-op only
- Environment, Resources, and Sustainability - regular and co-op
- Geography and Aviation - regular only
- Geography and Environmental Management - regular and co-op
- Geomatics - regular and co-op
- International Development - regular only
- Knowledge Integration - regular only
- Planning - co-op only