This site was recently redesigned to better serve you. Please help us help you by providing a website feedback.
Your Environment community
One of Waterloo's smaller faculties, Environment welcomes around 500 new students each year, so you'll be joining a close-knit community.
- Join the Environment Students’ Society or one of seven Environment student associations.
- Room and study with your classmates in the Environment Living Learning Community at St. Paul's University College residence.
- Volunteer or hang out at the student-run coffee shop, serving Rainforest Alliance-certified, locally roasted coffee.
- Gain valuable leadership experience while helping new students become familiar with the University of Waterloo by becoming orientation leaders.
- Be part of Sustainable Campus Initiative which provides many environmental services to the University of Waterloo campus and its surrounding community.
- Sit on the Waterloo Environment Students Endowment Fund board.
- Share your passion for the Faculty of Environment by becoming an Environment Ambassador.
Find out what a typical day looks like for an Environment student.
Discover campus life
There are endless ways for you to get involved with the wider Waterloo community:
- Join one of the many student clubs and societies across campus.
- Be part of the Federation of Students.
- Stay fit with unlimited access to our gyms along with varsity sports and a huge selection of intramural activities.
- Make the most of the student services available, like the Student Success Office or the Centre for Career Action.
Waterloo: A place where you belong
Why is Waterloo such a great place to study and live in?
- It's one of the fastest growing communities in Canada.
- Not only will you be studying the environment, but you'll be part of an environmentally innovative community.
- You'll never be bored, there's always something to do around the city!
Check it out for yourself! Come for a visit, and we'll give you tips on where to explore.