Your Environment community
One of Waterloo's smaller faculties, Environment welcomes around 500 new students each year. You'll love our supportive and close-knit community.
- Join the Environment Students’ Society or one of seven Environment student associations.
- Room and study with your classmates in the Environment Living Learning Community at St. Paul's University College residence.
- Volunteer or hang out at the student-run coffee shop, serving Rainforest Alliance-certified, locally roasted fairtrade coffee.
- Gain valuable leadership experience while helping new students become familiar with the University of Waterloo by becoming an orientation leader.
- Join the Sustainable Campus Initiative which provides many environmental services to the University of Waterloo campus and its surrounding community.
- Sit on the Waterloo Environment Students Endowment Fund board.
- Share your passion for the Faculty of Environment by becoming an Environment Ambassador.
Join ENV Connect, the Faculty’s online mentorship and networking platform to meet hundreds of Environment alumni; ask questions, get advice and grow your professional network.
Vibrant campus life
There are endless ways for you to get involved with the wider University of Waterloo community:
- Join one of the many student clubs and societies across campus.
- Be part of the Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association.
- Stay fit with unlimited access to our gyms along with varsity sports and a huge selection of intramural activities.
- Make the most of the student services available, like the Student Success Office or the Centre for Career Action.
Waterloo: A place where you belong
Why is Waterloo such a great place to study and live in?
- It's one of the fastest growing communities in Canada.
- Not only will you be studying the environment, but you'll be part of an environmentally innovative community.
- Waterloo is the ultimate student town. You'll never be bored, there's always something to do around the city!