Your Environment community
One of Waterloo's smaller faculties, Environment welcomes around 500 new students each year. You'll love our supportive and close-knit community.
- Join the Environment Students’ Society or one of seven Environment student associations.
- Room and study with your classmates in the Environment Living Learning Community at St. Paul's University College residence.
- Volunteer or hang out at the student-run coffee shop, serving Rainforest Alliance-certified, locally roasted coffee.
- Gain valuable leadership experience while helping new students become familiar with the University of Waterloo by becoming an orientation leader.
- Join the Sustainable Campus Initiative which provides many environmental services to the University of Waterloo campus and its surrounding community.
- Sit on the Waterloo Environment Students Endowment Fund board.
- Share your passion for the Faculty of Environment by becoming an Environment Ambassador.
Vibrant campus life
There are endless ways for you to get involved with the wider University of Waterloo community:
- Join one of the many student clubs and societies across campus.
- Be part of the Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association.
- Stay fit with unlimited access to our gyms along with varsity sports and a huge selection of intramural activities.
- Make the most of the student services available, like the Student Success Office or the Centre for Career Action.
Waterloo: A place where you belong
Why is Waterloo such a great place to study and live in?
- It's one of the fastest growing communities in Canada.
- Not only will you be studying the environment, but you'll be part of an environmentally innovative community.
- Waterloo is the ultimate student town. You'll never be bored, there's always something to do around the city!