This site was recently redesigned to better serve you. Please help us help you by providing a website feedback.
Bring your passion for the environment and hope for the future to the University of Waterloo’s Faculty of Environment.
From ecosystem restoration and resource governance to green business and environmental economics, climate change and geographic information systems to sustainable urban planning and environmental law: An education in environmental studies from Waterloo empowers you to discover your own solutions for creating a better and greener world.
Shape a sustainable future
No matter which of our eight programs you choose, you'll get hands-on experience inside and outside the classroom.
- Get a head start on your career and gain up to two years of paid work experience before you graduate through our innovative co-op program.
- Immerse yourself in the field through exciting field trips and experiments.
- Make the world your classroom through international opportunities.
From monitoring species diversity in the Netherlands, to academic exchanges abroad as far away as Peru and New Zealand, explore where Environment at Waterloo can take you.
Globally recognized excellence
Benefit from the University of Waterloo's global reputation for innovation and excellence.
- Quacqarelli Symonds (QS) Stars 5+ ranking, the highest rating for international universities (QS World University Rankings 2015)
- Top 50 in the world for geography (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2016)
- A+ reputation among employers (The Globe and Mail Canadian University Report)