Interested in more than one subject, or want to delve deeper into a specific topic? In the Faculty of Environment, there are many ways for you to customize your degree through specializations, minors, options, and diplomas.
Some programs offer a specialization in an area within your field. This usually involves completing a series of required courses within your program concentrated on a particular topic or theme. A specialization will appear on your degree certificate.
- Geography and Environmental Management specializations:
- Climate Change and Environment
- Earth Systems Science
- Economy and Society
- Knowledge Integration specialization:
- Planning specializations:
A secondary subject your studies will focus on. It will appear on your degree certificate.
The Faculty of Environment offers the following minors:
- International Development Minor
- Knowledge Integration Minor
- Environment, Resources and Sustainability Minor
- Geography and Environmental Management Minor
- Urban Studies Minor
Visit here for a full list of minors, options, and certificates information.
Visit the Undergraduate Calendar for minors offered by other faculties.
A combination of requirements in an additional area of study complementary to your major. It will appear on your degree certificate.
- Business Option
- Parks Option
- Tourism Option
A combination of requirements, that provides an additional focus in your degree. You will receive a separate diploma certificate.
- Diploma in Environmental Assessment
- Diploma in Ecological Restoration and Rehabilitation
- Diploma of Excellence in Geographic Information Systems
- Diploma of Sustainability
Visit here for a list of other available diplomas.
Visit the Undergraduate Calendar for diplomas offered by other faculties.
1 For students in regular system of study.