Welcome to EDGE
Thanks for visiting EDGE, the experiential education certificate program offered by Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) Programs at the University of Waterloo. EDGE gives Waterloo students in regular (non-co-operative) programs an opportunity to develop key professional skills, explore their career options, and market themselves to employers.
Get started with EDGE this fall!
New to the program or have questions? Follow this steps to find your EDGE this term:
- Register for the program using our online form. If you're eligible, we'll process your enrollment within the next few days!
- Follow us on Instagram (@uwaterlooedge) to stay up-to-date with milestones and opportunities.
- Come to our EDGE Info Session on Tuesday September 13th from 6:30-7:30pm in STC 0040 to learn about the program from ambassadors Rashmi and Kabir.
- Book an advising appointment with your advisor to plan your milestones going forward.
- Meet with Rachel Zammit if you are in the Faculty of Arts, Health, or Math
- Meet with Jenn Czekus if you are in the Faculty of Science or Environment
Complete a milestone!
- If you're working or volunteering for at least 36 hours in one position this term, turn it into a work or community experience milestone by enrolling in an elective PD course (PD3 - PD10, PD13) on Quest before the end of the add period. Don't forget to choose section 83!
- Are you doing an experience outside of Canada? Complete our International Job Information Form before you travel.
- Want to refresh your resume and get ready to ace your applications? Enroll in PD1 during the add period on Quest to complete the career development course milestone. Don't forget to choose section 83!
- Learn how to identify the skills you already have and how to communicate them to employers through the Skills Identification and Articulation workshop. Register for the synchronous workshop on WaterlooWorks under Career Centre Events for our October 26th 1:30-3pm offering, or access the entire workshop asynchronously in the EDGE Learn Community.