How to apply

All applicants must apply through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC). Visit our Undergraduate Admissions website for more info about how to apply and important dates. Check out the video series below for the most frequently asked application questions. 

Contact us if you have any questions.


If you're a full-time high school student in Ontario and British Columbia, your marks will be sent to us automatically. All other applicants should submit high school and college/university transcripts (if applicable) by late February. You can send transcripts to:

Office of the Registrar
Needles Hall
University of Waterloo
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo ON N2L 3G1

Applying to co-op and regular

If you are interested in a program that offers both the co-op and the regular systems of study, then apply for the co-op. If you are not admitted to co-op, you will automatically be considered for admission to the regular system of study, except in Planning and Environment and Business (ENBUS) which is offered only through co-op.

Transfer students

For Environment and Business (ENBUS), Environment, Resources and Sustainability (ERS), and Planning, you can generally transfer up to a year's worth of university-level courses.

For Geography and Environmental Management (GEM), you can usually transfer up to 2 years worth of credits towards an honours degree.

Two years of community college courses generally count as a year's worth of university credit.

Please note that transfer credits are assessed and awarded only after you have been admitted to the University of Waterloo.