Getting involved is a great way to meet people, explore your interests, take a break from academics, and have fun.
Whether you're interested in food, politics, dance, business, gaming, or the environment, the Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) offers 250+ student clubs – the perfect way to meet others who share your interests. As well, there are nearly 30 athletic clubs, ranging from archery and dragon boat to Quidditch and Ultimate.
And if there isn't a club that matches your interests, gather a group of friends and start your own club with the help of WUSA.
As a Waterloo student, you'll automatically be a member of the Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association. Run by students for students, WUSA allows you to influence the university experience for thousands by running for election to Students' Council, Board of Directors, WUSA president or vice-presidents, or even the University Senate. Whatever your preference, there are plenty of ways to get involved in your student government!
WUSA services include
- student health and dental plan
- low-cost bus service to Toronto, Hamilton, and London
- peer-to-peer counselling
- savings on used textbooks
- resources for sexual and gender diversity
- 24/7 convenience store
As well, each of Waterloo's six faculties and most programs have a student society – a great way to meet upper-year students and professors in your program.
There are countless other events on campus, such as
- events run by WUSA and student societies
- sports teams you can join or cheer on
- concerts by our campus choirs, a cappella groups, and orchestra
- the Velocity Fund Finals which showcases student startups each term
- Hack the North, Canada's largest hackathon with 1,000 students from around the world
Keep active through dozens of sports and recreation programs.
Enjoy life in our student-friendly city.
Current students share what it's like to be a Waterloo student.