Your application is in and we're so excited you're considering Waterloo!
Next steps after you've applied
Create your account
Set yourself apart
Warriors are one of a kind. Use your Admission Information Form to make your application stand out.
Upload your transcript
Not an Ontario high school student? You'll need to send us your grades.
Review important dates
Several programs, including those in the faculties of Engineering, Math, and Science, have additional deadlines.
Join the community
Experience a warm Warrior welcome in person or online with our campus tours, webinars, and info sessions.
Explore your program
Your options are endless, so take a deep dive into the courses, specializations, and careers in Waterloo's programs.
Additional steps for some students
At Waterloo, you'll be joining a vibrant global community with plenty of resources to help you transition to life in Canada. Here are some important things to consider after you apply.
- Did you apply to a co-op program? You may need a work permit in addition to a study permit.
- Is English your first language? If it's not, you may need to send us English language test scores.
- As part of the application process, some international transcripts may need to be verified by World Education Services Canada. We'll contact you if verification is required.
Optometry, Pharmacy, and Conditional Admission to Pharmacy applicants
Have you applied to a professional health care program at Waterloo? Be sure to review the admission requirements and deadlines for your program of interest.
Conditional Admission to Pharmacy (CAP)
Doctor of Optometry (OD)
Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
You're planning a big change and there's a lot to think about. Here are some steps you don't want to miss.
- Have you sent in your grades? Be sure to submit all your high school and college and/or university transcripts for review.
- Wondering how many credits you're eligible for? Check out our admission requirements and transfer credit policies for more info.
- Looking for a place to live? Let us help with our residence guarantee for transfer students. Or explore your off-campus housing options.
What to do if special circumstances affected your grades
Your application for admission can't cover everything. We get that. If there have been significant circumstances that affected your grades and you didn't receive accommodation through your school, you may be eligible for special consideration.
Submit a request for special consideration to share additional information with regards to the circumstances that may have affected your grades. We'll take this into consideration when reviewing your application for admission. Please note that applying for special consideration does not guarantee admission.
Picture yourself as a Warrior
Your application is in — and that means you're already a Warrior at heart. Inquisitive, motivated, and ready for a challenge. Get ready to find your people, connect to your passions, and discover your story.
Discover what to expect in first year
Students from each of our six faculties share what surprised and inspired them during first year, the biggest differences between high school and university, and what helped them adjust to life at Waterloo.
Get your questions answered
Curiosity thrives at Waterloo — so if you've got questions, we've got answers. Here's where you can go to find out more.
Courses, co-op, clubs — and everything in between
To find out more about programs, co-op, student experience, or careers, contact the recruitment co-ordinator for your program of interest.