Congratulations and welcome to Waterloo! All of your hard work has paid off and it's time to celebrate your achievements.
Three steps to becoming a Waterloo student
- Accept your Offer(s) of Admission by 11:59 p.m. EDT on June 3.
- Pay your residence deposit by 11:59 p.m. EDT on June 3.
- If there are conditions on your offer, be sure to submit the required documents by the deadline.
If you haven't submitted your Admission Information Form (AIF), you should still do so because some scholarships are awarded based on the AIF.
- Estimate your expenses using our budget calculator.
- Deadlines for paying your fees.
- Scholarships, bursaries, and how to pay your fees.
- If needed, obtain proof of enrolment for RESPs (Registered Education Savings Plans).
A place to call home
Prepare to succeed
- Review our tips for new co-op students.
- In June, we'll email you about creating or viewing your fall term schedule.
- Attend your Faculty 101 Day during the summer to gain helpful study tips, meet current students and professors, learn about co-op, and find your classes.
- And once you're here, the Student Success Office has workshops, advisors, and more to help you thrive!
Show your Warrior pride
- Shop online for your Waterloo gear and souvenirs.
- Listen to the Warrior Spotify playlist.
- Start thinking about Waterloo clubs, teams, or activities you'd like to join.
- Check out the popular UWaterlooLife blog.
For international students
- Visit the International Student Guide for tips on preparing for Waterloo.
- If you've been admitted to a co-op program, be sure to apply for a work permit at the same time you apply for a study permit.
- If you're under 18, visit the Government of Canada website to learn about custodians.
- Waterloo resources for international students.
For transfer students
- Be sure to submit your documents such as final transcripts and course syllabi for possible transfer credit. Results from your transfer credit assessment will be emailed to you.
- Contact your academic advisor for help with selecting courses.
- Take advantage of our residence guarantee for transfer students.