Congratulations and welcome to Waterloo! All of your hard work has paid off and it's time to celebrate.
From orientation leaders, academic advisors, and peer success coaches to professors, upper-year students, and career advisors, there are hundreds of people ready to welcome you and support you during your time as a Waterloo Warrior!
For the most up to date information on how the fall term will be delivered, please visit our coronavirus information page for students.
Your next steps
1. Accept your Offer of Admission
2. Reserve your spot in residence
Submit your Residence Community Ranking Form and your residence deposit by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on June 1.
- Use our student budget calculator to see what first year might cost. Your fees for the fall term will be posted to your Quest account in early August.
- Scholarship and bursary information can also be found in your Quest account. Look for the Entrance Awards tab beside the name of your program.
- Get tips on ways to help pay for your university education.
Residence: a place to call home
- Learn more about our 100% residence guarantee and experience and find out if living on campus is for you.
- Plan to live in residence? You need to accept your Offer of Admission AND submit your residence ranking form.
Learn what it’s like to be a Waterloo Warrior
Visit our guide to being a Waterloo student to learn about
- clubs and athletics where you can have fun with curious, hard-working friends;
- our supportive and inclusive campus community;
- how you'll develop job-ready skills for your career;
- discovering a residence home that fits your needs, and more!
If you've been admitted to co-op, apply for a work permit at the same time you apply for a study permit.
If you need to prepay your tuition as part of your study permit application, please use our fee estimator to receive an estimate of your fees.
Take advantage of our residence guarantee for transfer students.
Guiding you through the transition
Starting in late June, you'll receive lots of information about Waterloo Ready, our transition program leading up to – and into – your first year.
You'll be matched with an upper-year student for advice, meet your future classmates, learn what to expect, and more!
You’re more likely to get involved at Waterloo
Did you know that 71% of first-year students at Waterloo participate in extracurriculars, compared to 57% of first-year students across Ontario?