When are offers sent?
The date you receive an offer of admission depends on the program you've applied to, your grade average, and any special entrance requirements.
We want to have enough information to consider all students fairly and we want you to succeed in your studies, so we may wait for completed forms and/or updated grades before making an admission decision.
Most of our offers of admission are made on an on-going basis as we receive grades and files are completed, except for the Faculty of Engineering which makes admission decisions in March and May only.
Ontario high school students (if you applied using the 101 application)
- All of our offers of admission will be made prior to May 29, 2018, and you will have until June 1, 2018 to respond.
- If you know that Waterloo is the university you wish to attend, you're encouraged to accept your offer as soon as you receive it.
- Other universities may ask for a response before June 1st. If you've accepted an offer prior to June 1st – either from Waterloo or from another university – and you wish to change your mind, you may do so without penalty up to June 1st.
- No Ontario university may require a financial commitment from you before June 1st.
All other applicants (if you applied using the 105 application)
- Most of our offers of admission are made on a continuing basis as we receive grades and files are completed.
- You'll have until June 1, 2018, to respond to an Offer of Admission dated up to May 29th.
- If you're admitted after May 29th, you'll have 14 calendar days from the date on the offer to confirm your acceptance.
Changing your mind (all applicants)
- Visit the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) website:
- Click on "Review and Change Your Completed Application."
- Follow the instructions to cancel your previous acceptance and to accept a different offer.
- If the expiry date has passed, you may still be able to accept Waterloo's offer of admission.
- If clicking on "accept" does not work, you'll need to contact Waterloo directly at email@example.com or 519-888-4567, ext. 33106, to see whether spaces are still available.
Alternate offers of admission and deferrals
If you're not admitted to the program to which you've applied, you may be considered for admission to an alternate program provided you meet minimum admission requirements and places are available.
If you wish to work, travel, or return to high school for a year, you can also ask to defer your offer of admission.
At Waterloo, you'll receive an admissions decision for each program you apply to.
Instructions for accepting your offer of admission, entrance bursary and/or scholarship, and residence, if applicable, are available on the next step for admitted students website.