Information for

Sending your grades and documents

All official documents, including transcripts and English language test results, must be sent directly to the University by the issuing institution or testing authority.

Ontario high school students (OUAC 101 application)

Grade 12 U or M courses

If you’re currently enrolled in an Ontario high school, no action is required. Your school will send us your grades automatically.

Night school, correspondence, or summer school courses

As soon as your mid-term and/or final grades are available, arrange for your school to send them to the Ontario Universities' Application Centre.


All other students (OUAC 105 application)

You'll need to arrange for your transcripts and English language test scores (if applicable) to be sent to Waterloo's Office of the Registrar by the document deadline

Learn about our policy on repeated and non-day school courses.

Tips for submitting documents

Ownership of documents

All transcripts, degree certificates, test scores, and diplomas submitted to the University of Waterloo as part of the admissions process become the property of the University and cannot be returned.

Submitting school transcripts

Once you have received your Waterloo ID#, you'll be able to upload your unofficial school transcripts using Quest.

If you are a current Ontario high school student or a CEGEP student, your school will send us your grades automatically. You do not need to upload your high school transcript.  

If you attend a high school outside of Ontario, have been out of high school for at least one year, or have attended college or university, you can upload your transcripts using Quest. We can use unofficial uploaded transcripts to assess your application.

Receive a conditional offer of admission?

Your official transcript with final grades must be submitted directly from your school or Ministry of Education to the Office of the Registrar.

  • Your unofficial school transcripts must be saved as a PDF. The maximum file size is 1.5 MB.  The transcript must be legible when the document is viewed at 100% sizing.
  • Keep the file name short and do not use brackets (), question marks (?), quotation marks ("), or any special characters (&, $, %) in the file name.
  • Only one PDF transcript per institution can be uploaded. Additional school transcripts or new grade information can be emailed ( or mailed.

Uploading transcripts

Email your transcripts

  • Send it to with the transcript as a PDF attachment
  • Use the subject line: New version of transcript
  • Include your 8-digit Waterloo ID#

Did you upload an incorrect transcript or document?

If you uploaded an incorrect transcript (e.g., a certificate or diploma without grades instead of a transcript with grades), send a PDF of the document to and include the following information.

Subject:  Incorrect Document Upload

In the email:

Waterloo ID Number: [your 8-digit Waterloo ID#]
Document Incorrectly Uploaded: [e.g. transcript for school X]
Date of Upload:  [e.g. February 26, 2019]

Official final transcripts

If you receive a conditional offer of admission, your official transcript with final grades must be submitted directly from your school to the Office of the Registrar as soon as it is available.

The transcript must be sent directly from your school to Waterloo in order to meet your conditions.  Uploaded documents will not be acceptable for meeting the conditions on your Offer of Admission.

University of Waterloo mailing address (for submitting documents)

Office of the Registrar
University of Waterloo
200 University Ave W
Waterloo ON   N2L 3G1 CANADA

Related links