Quest is Waterloo's online student information system. You'll use Quest to complete your Admission Information Form, view your application status, and upload documents that may be required as part of the application process.
1. Claim your Waterloo identity and create your password
Once you've applied to Waterloo and received an acknowledgement email from us (with the subject "Thank you for applying to Waterloo"), you can claim your Waterloo identity (username) and create your password. You only need to do this once. You'll need your eight-digit Waterloo student number, e.g., 21012345 found in your acknowledgement email.
If you're having any troubles completing this step, check out our solutions to common WatIAM questions or email email@example.com.
After you claim your Waterloo identity (username), you'll be able to log in to Quest.
What's the difference between your student number and username?
- Your student number consists of eight digits, starting with a 2. You'll use it extensively once you're a student.
- Your username is a combination of your initials and last/family name up to 8 characters, e.g., if your name is Alex Kai Student, your user ID would be akstuden. You'll use this to log into Waterloo websites and for your Waterloo email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have questions, email email@example.com (be sure to include your name and Waterloo student number so that we can better help you).
2. Sign in to Quest
Once you have claimed your Waterloo identity (username), you should now be able to log in to Quest. When logging in to Quest, you'll enter your username followed by "@uwaterloo.ca." Using the example of Alex Student from above, you'll need to use firstname.lastname@example.org as the username for logging in to Quest.
- You’ll find additional instructions on the Quest Undergraduate Applicants page.
If you need help logging into Quest, contact our help desk at email@example.com.
Need help logging in?
Forgot your Quest password?
To reset your password, provide your username (your initials and last/given name up to eight characters in length) and the personal email address we have on file, e.g., the email you provided with your Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) application.
If this email matches what we have on file, we'll email you a link to reset your password. If you can't reset your password this way, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Forgot your Quest username?
If you forgot your username (which is your initials and last/given name up to eight characters in length), you can recover your username. If the email address you enter matches the email we have on file, we'll send your username to that email address.
If you have questions or continue to get an error, email email@example.com. Remember to include your name and Waterloo student ID number (8-digit number).
Having trouble logging in?
- Try a different computer or device to log in (hint: if you're using your phone, try a desktop computer).
- Be sure you're using the most recent version of Chrome or Safari.
- If you're using a computer in a language other than English, you can select the English Quest login, which automatically changes your settings to read English.
- Delete your browser cache and restart your browser.
- Quest is not available on Wednesdays between 7 and 8 a.m. (Eastern time zone). Check the current time in Waterloo.
- If the error continues, reset your password.
- You can contact our help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Use Quest to complete your AIF, upload documents, or view your admissions status
You can use Quest for several important steps in the admissions process.
- Complete your Admission Information Form (AIF).
- In your Student Center, click on the Admissions link.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Admission Information Form icon.
- Complete and submit your answers by the AIF deadline.
- View our series of videos on how to complete the AIF.
- View your admissions status by clicking on the name of the program(s) you applied to.
- Upload any required documents we need as part of the application process.
Questions about your AIF?
Contact us at email@example.com or 519-888-4567, ext. 43106. You can also review common questions about the AIF.
Once you've applied
If you have applied for admission, view what you should do next.
Other information in your Quest account
If you receive an offer of admission, you'll be able to use Quest to
- view and download your Offer of Admission,
- download a Letter of Acceptance (if you're an international student and need that for your student visa application),
- view any scholarship and bursary information, and
- eventually select courses, view your tuition fees, and more.