Quest is Waterloo's online student information system. You'll use Quest to complete your Admission Information Form, view your application status, and upload any documents we require as part of the application process.
1. Create your username and password
Once you've applied to Waterloo and received an email from us (with the subject "Thank you for applying to Waterloo"), you can create your Waterloo username and password. You only need to do this once. You'll need your eight-digit Waterloo student number, e.g., 20223456.
After you create your Waterloo username, you'll be able to log in to Quest.
What's the difference between your student number and username?
- Your student number consists of eight digits, starting with a 2. You'll use it extensively once you're a student.
- Your username is a combination of your initials and last/family name up to 8 characters, e.g., if your name is Alex Kai Student, your user ID would be akstuden. You'll use this to log into Waterloo websites and for your Waterloo email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have questions, email email@example.com (be sure to include your name and Waterloo student number so that we can better help you).
2. Sign in to Quest
You should now be able to log in to Quest. When logging into Quest, you'll enter your username followed by "@uwaterloo.ca." Using the example of Alex Student from above, you'll need to use firstname.lastname@example.org as the username for logging into Quest.
- You’ll find additional instructions on the Quest Undergraduate Applicants page.
If you need help logging into Quest, contact our help desk at email@example.com
Forgot your Quest password?
To reset your password, provide your username (your initials and last/given name up to eight characters in length) and the personal email address we have on file, e.g., the email you provided with your Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) application.
If this email matches what we have on file, we'll email you a link to reset your password. If you can't reset your password this way, complete the Quest account reset request and we'll contact you.
Forgot your Quest username?
If you forgot your username (which is your initials and last/given name up to eight characters in length), you can recover your username. If the email address you enter matches the email we have on file, we'll send your username to that email address.
If you have questions or continue to get an error, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to include your name and Waterloo student ID number (8-digit number).
Having trouble logging in?
- Try a different computer or device to log in (hint: if you're using your phone, try a desktop computer).
- Be sure you're using the most recent version of Chrome or Safari.
- If you're using a computer in a language other than English, you can select the English Quest login, which automatically changes your settings to read English.
Use Quest to complete your AIF, upload documents, or view your admissions status
You can use Quest for several important steps in the admissions process.
- Complete your Admission Information Form (AIF).
- View your admissions status by clicking on the name of the program(s) you applied to.
- Upload any required documents we need as part of the application process.
Questions about your AIF?
Once you've applied
If you have applied for admission, view what you should do next.
Other information in your Quest account
If you receive an offer of admission, you'll be able to use Quest to
- view and download your Offer of Admission,
- download a Letter of Acceptance (if you're an international student and need that for your student visa application),
- view any scholarship and bursary information, and
- eventually select courses, view your tuition fees, and more.