Learn how to sign into Quest so that you can complete your Admission Information Form and view your admission status.
1. Claim your Waterloo identity
Before you can log in to Quest, you need to create your user ID and password by claiming your identity. You only need to do this once.
To claim your identity, you will need the following information.
- Your last name/family/name
- Your first name
- Your Waterloo ID number, which was included in your acknowledgement email that was send after we received your application (Subject line was “Thank you for applying to Waterloo”)
Your user ID will be used for Quest as well as accessing courses and assignments, applying to co-op/summer jobs, email, and more.
2. Sign in to Quest
Once you’ve activated your user ID and password, you’ll be able to log in to Quest (Waterloo's student information system) and complete your Admission Information Form or check your application status.
Note: Your Quest user ID is different from your Waterloo ID number. Your Quest user ID will be up to 8 characters and will be a combination of your initials and last name. Your Waterloo ID number is an 8-digit number that starts with a 2 and that was sent to you in the email acknowledging your application to Waterloo.
- You’ll find instructions for using Quest on the How do I…? Instructions for using Quest page.
- If you're using a computer in a language other than English, you can select the English Quest login, which automatically changes your settings to read English.
- Forgot your Quest password? Email email@example.com or call 519-888-4567, ext. 36644.
3. Complete your AIF or view your admissions status
Here's how to find the AIF link in Quest.
- In your Student Center on Quest, click on the Admissions link.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Admission Information Form link.
- Complete and submit your answers to the AIF questions by the deadline.
- You can also see your admissions status by clicking on the name of the program(s) you applied to.
If you're applying to the Faculty of Mathematics or to Conditional Admission to Pharmacy (CAP) program, answers related to references may be found on our common questions for references.
Technical difficulties or questions about your AIF?
Next steps for applicants
If you have applied for admission, view what you should do next.