Quest is Waterloo's online student information system. You'll use Quest to complete your Admission Information Form, view your admission status, and upload any documents we require as part of the admissions process.
1. Create your username and password
The first step is to create your username and password (you only need to do this once). You'll need your eight-digit Waterloo student number, e.g., 20223456. This was included in the email we sent upon receiving your application (the subject was "Thank you for applying to Waterloo").
Once you "identify" yourself and create your Waterloo username, you'll be able to log in to Quest.
What's the difference between your student number and username?
- Your student number consists of eight digits, starting with a 2. You'll use it extensively once you're a student.
- Your username is a combination of your initials and last name up to 8 characters, e.g., if your name is Alex Student, your user ID would be "astudent." You'll use this to log into Waterloo websites and for your Waterloo email address (email@example.com).
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org (be sure to include your name and student number so that we can better help you).
2. Sign in to Quest
You should now be able to log in to Quest. When logging into Quest, you'll enter your username followed by "@uwaterloo.ca." Using the example of Alex Student from above, your Waterloo username would be "astudent" then you will need to enter email@example.com when logging into Quest.
- You’ll find additional instructions on the Quest Undergraduate Applicants page.
Having trouble logging in?
- Try a different computer or device to log in (hint: if you're using your phone, try a desktop computer).
- Be sure you are using the most recent versions of Chrome and Safari.
- If you're using a computer in a language other than English, you can select the English Quest login, which automatically changes your settings to read English.
- Delete your browser cache and restart your browser.
- Quest is not available on Wednesdays between 7 and 8 a.m. (EST).
- If the error continues, reset your password (next step).
Reset your password
To reset your password, provide your username (e.g., astudent) and the personal email address we have on file, e.g., the email you provided with your Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) application. If this email matches what we have on file, we'll email you a link that you can use to set a new password.
If you can't reset your password this way, complete the Quest account reset request and we'll contact you.
Forgot your username?
If you have an username and have entered an email address, but forgot your username, request to have your username sent to you. If the email address you enter matches the email we have on file, the system will send your username to that email address.
If you have questions or continue to get an error, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to include your name and Waterloo student ID number (8-digit number).
Complete your AIF, upload documents, or view your admissions status
You can use Quest for several important steps in the admissions process.
- Complete your Admission Information Form
- View your admissions status by clicking on the name of the program(s) you applied to.
- Upload any required documents we need as part of the admissions process.
Technical difficulties or questions about your AIF?
Next steps for applicants
If you have applied for admission, view what you should do next.
Other information in your Quest account
If you receive an offer of admission, you'll be able to use Quest to
- view and download your Offer of Admission,
- download a Letter of Acceptance (if you're an international student and need that for your student visa application),
- view any scholarship and bursary information, and
- eventually select courses, view your tuition fees, and more.