Accept your Offer of Admission
Deadline: June 1, 2018 unless otherwise specified on your Offer of Admission
To confirm your acceptance, follow the instructions on your Offer of Admission.
Most students will accept their offer through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) website; however, some will be asked to respond directly to Waterloo.
If you have problems accepting your online Offer of Admission, please call the Ontario Universities' Application Centre at 519-823-1063.
If you've been admitted to Waterloo and wish to begin your studies in a later term, you may request a deferral of your admission.
Reserve your place in residence
Deadline: June 1, 2018 by 11:59 pm Eastern Daylight Time
Beginning in February 2018, admitted first-year and transfer students should visit our Housing and Residence website to
- submit your online Residence Community Ranking Form
- pay your $500 non-refundable residence deposit
- tell us if you require special accommodation because of a disability or other special need
- indicate whether you'd like to live in a Living-Learning Community
You will not be guaranteed a place in residence if you miss the deadline.
Which residences are part of the guarantee?
Waterloo's main residences (Claudette Millar Hall, Columbia Lake Village, Mackenzie King Village, Ron Eydt Village, UW Place, Village 1)
Our on-campus University Colleges: Renison, St. Jerome's, and St. Paul's.
Conrad Grebel University College is an on-campus residence that is not part of the residence guarantee. If you'd like to live at Grebel, you'll need to apply well before May and attend a personal interview.
Change your mind about which university to attend?
If you've already accepted an offer of admission to an Ontario university, you may accept a different offer without penalty up to June 1, 2018.
If clicking on "accept" does not work, or if you haven't applied using an OUAC 101 or 105 application, you'll need to contact Waterloo directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-888-4567, ext. 33106.
Scholarships and bursaries
- If you receive a scholarship and/or bursary, an “Entrance Award Offers” link will appear in Quest below the program to which you have been admitted.
- In most cases, when you accept your Offer of Admission, you’re automatically accepting your scholarship and/or bursary.
- Be sure to read the bursary and/or scholarship information carefully for any conditions or requirements.
If your scholarship is from Renison or St. Jerome’s, be sure to follow any specific instructions included in your offer.
If you're an Ontario high school student, no Ontario university can require a financial commitment from you until June 1st. At Waterloo, this includes your non-refundable $500 residence deposit, which is due by June 1st.
If you're not currently attending an Ontario high school, a financial deposit may be required earlier.