Several awards will be provided annually to full-time undergraduate and graduate students in any Faculty who wish to participate in an international experience to Israel for the purposes of experiencing and gaining an understanding of Jewish culture, history, politics and religion. These awards can support a minimally-paid volunteer international co-op work placement, a volunteer placement, an academic exchange or a study term related to academic requirements.
These scholarships were established through the generous support of the Joseph and Wolf Lebovic Foundation in honour of the former Waterloo President David Johnston as a lasting tribute to his 11-year service to this university and in recognition of his passion for international opportunities for students.
Awards are valued at $2,500 - $10,000 and will be given on the basis of academic achievement and duration of the international experience.
- Students with good academic standing (normally a minimum of 70% average at the undergraduate level; normally a minimum 75% average at the graduate level), who are planning to participate in an international experience in Israel are eligible to apply.
- International Graduate Experience Award application:
- In the term prior to your travel, complete the International Graduate Experience Award application
- Attach required documentation (as per the application form)
- Submit your complete application package to Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) by the appropriate term deadline below
Please contact the appropriate Manager, Graduate Financial Aid and Awards in Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) for further information regarding this award.