Welcome back for the Winter semester!
Video Recordings in Discussions and Quizzes
Students can now add video recordings in discussion posts and in written response quiz questions!
There is now the option for students to include video recordings in discussion posts and in written response quiz questions. To include a video select the Insert Stuff button in the HTML editor.
To give students the ability to include a video recording in a written response quiz question, the Enable HTML Editor for learner responses option needs to be checked when creating the question.
Supported Browsers Updated
For an optimal experience with Waterloo LEARN that provides you with the best performance, accessibility and security, the following browser versions, or newer, are recommended:
- Google® Chrome™ 85 (released Aug 2020)
- Apple® Safari® 13 (released in September 2019)
- Mobile Apple Safari 12 (released in October 2018)
- Mozilla® Firefox® 80 (released August 2020)
- Chromium-based Microsoft® Edge 85 (released August 2020)
- All versions of Microsoft Edge Legacy (in preparation for Microsoft’s end-of-support in March 2021)
Waterloo LEARN’s browser version check will display a warning if your browser is earlier than the recommended browser versions. See System Software and Requirements to check if your browser is up-to-date.
You can still access Waterloo LEARN with older versions of the browsers however, D2L doesn’t test against these older versions. Users using older browser versions may encounter unexpected user interface behaviour and appearance or broken and unsupported functionality.