The Library is pleased to offer the following new and expanded services this fall.
Starting September 8
- Study space at Davis Centre Library: A limited number of study carrels will be available by appointment. Campus health and safety guidance for health assessment checks, physical distancing, face coverings and sanitizing protocols will be followed to ensure student and staff safety.
- Book Pickup @ Porter: Undergraduate students can request print items which have no online equivalent from the Porter and Davis libraries and the Witer Learning Resource Centre for pickup at Dana Porter Library.
- Chat hours: Virtual reference will be available Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, noon to 9 p.m.
- Special Collections & Archives: Up to three researchers at a time (students, faculty and postdoctoral fellows) can book in-person appointments to use the collections.
- Digital collections: 830,000 in-copyright items from the Library's print collections are available online for all of UWaterloo through the HathiTrust Digital Library. Information about this service can be found on the ETAS information page.
- Digitization requests: Students, faculty, and staff can request digital copies of locally held print articles or book chapters. Materials will be digitized within Fair Dealing guidelines or we will find a digital copy from other libraries providing this service.
On the horizon
- Book pickup service: More locations are expected to be added throughout the fall term.
- Book delivery by mail: Mailing out of print items will be an option for faculty, graduate students and staff who are unable to make use of the print pickup service. Requested items will be mailed out to any address in Canada.
Details on services will be posted on the Library's website and social media in the coming weeks. Follow the library services and operations update page for changes on all services that are being redeveloped in response to the pandemic. We look forward to supporting and engaging with you throughout the fall term.