The Library is excited to announce the arrival of Omni, a game-changing academic search tool to support your research and coursework.
Launching soon, Omni is a collaboration between 14 Ontario university libraries, coming together in one catalogue that allows you to easily discover and access high-quality, scholarly materials from your campus, computer or phone.
- One-stop searching of resources from 14 Ontario universities in an updated and mobile-compatible version of the library catalogue - learn more about what you will find in Omni
- New e-journals search for print and online titles
- Simplification of borrowing policies, including 120-day loans for most items
- Elimination of most overdue fines
- Waterloo students, faculty and staff will able to sign into their Library account using WatIAM
Some of the library services and resources you’re used to will stay the same, including our research databases search, course reserves and interlibrary loans from institutions outside of Omni. Fast and easy delivery of materials requested from Omni institutions will roll out over the next six months. In the meantime, you can still rely on getting materials from Wilfrid Laurier and Guelph universities within a couple days of requesting from the catalogue.