Field work risk management form must be completed and approved prior to undertaking field work in any location external to UW that involves higher risk. The field work risk management form is available on the Safety Office website.
Includes any activity that may cause personal harm and examples include, but are not limited to:
- Field work, field trips, and internships outside Canada and USA.
- Field work at industrial sites such as factories, mining operations, and construction sites.
- Activities that require specialized safety training and/or certification in the use of personal protective or safety equipment.
- Field work at any international or remote location.
- Travel to areas where immunization and/or significant health and safety precautions are required.
- Work at sites with hazardous substances.
- Field work which by nature entails risk (e.g. travelling on water or ice, high altitude work, etc.)