Annual Waterloo Pharmacy Alumni and Friends Golf Invitational supports the Student Success Fund
August 28, 2023 was a beautiful day for a round of golf and a chance to reconnect with friends and former classmates. Waterloo Pharmacy alumni, faculty and friends attended our annual golf invitational with all proceeds donated to the Waterloo Pharmacy Student Success Fund. The fund supports initiatives that enhance the educational and professional development of our pharmacy students.
Thanks to our alumni and extended pharmacy community for attending this event and supporting the Student Success Fund. Each year, we are able to provide funding for students (both PharmD and graduate) to attend conferences across the country. In addition, the fund supports graduate awards and helps students who wish to complete their co-op work terms in northern communities and abroad. We are thankful to the golf invitational attendees who are dedicated to supporting our students every year.
Congratulations to the following tournament winners:
- Overall Team Winners – William Schill, Andrew Matthew, Gord Davies, Jeff Nagge
- Alumni Winners – Mike Collins, Noah Bates, Matt Puim, Hamit Mithoowani
- Most Honest Team – Allison Tario, Kacie Lunn, Matthew Slater, Sarah Fallis
- Longest Women’s Drive – Dani Thomas
- Longest Men’s Drive – Jeff Nagge
- Closest to Pin, Women’s – Mikaela Klies
- Closest to Pin, Men’s – Dave Edwards
The day ended with a BBQ buffet dinner, a great way to connect and network with fellow alumni, faculty and friends.
Thank you to our generous sponsors for making the day a success: Shoppers Drug Mart, Green Shield Canada, MNP, Apotex.