Last weekend marked the annual Ontario Pharmacist Association’s (OPA) conference, and Waterloo Pharmacy staff, students and faculty were out in force.
Each year the OPA presents awards to recognize outstanding excellence and innovation in pharmacy practice. Discover some of the connections between this year’s award winners and the Waterloo Pharmacy program:
- Bryan Gray: Achievement in Specialized Practice Award – Bryan is a preceptor for our co-op/fourth year rotation students.
- Roulston’s I.D.A. Pharmacy Team: Collaborative Service Award – five members of the award winning Roulston’s pharmacy team are graduates of Waterloo Pharmacy. Congratulations to Ashley Gubbels-Smith (Rx2011), Kacie Lunn, (Rx2014), David Lopes (Rx2015), Peter Rempel (Rx2013), and Allison Tario (Rx2014) on this impressive achievement.
- Jag Maghera: Mentorship Award – Jag is a Toronto-based preceptor for our co-op/fourth year rotation students.
- Carlo De Angelis: Pharmacist of the Year Award – Affiliated with Sunnybrook Hospital, Carlo is a co-op employer of Waterloo Pharmacy students, hiring as many as four students each term.
- John Papastergiou: Voice of Pharmacy Award – John has served as a preceptor for co-op/fourth year rotation students in 2015.
- Jennifer MacKenzie: Student of Distinction Award – In addition to an excellent record as a pharmacy student, Jenn is a valued contributor to student life at the School of Pharmacy. She is a member of the 2016 class.
Sincere congratulations from us to all the 2016 OPA award winners!
For more OPA Conference news, see this story on a Waterloo Pharmacy award for co-op employers.