William W. L. Wong
Dr. Wong’s research focuses on system-level policy modeling, infectious diseases modeling, health services and outcomes research, particularly in hepatitis B and C. His health services and outcomes research interests include quality of life research, costing and return on investment. Methodology research interests include advanced decision-analytic modeling techniques (such as discrete event simulation models and agent-based models) for health technology assessment, cost-effectiveness analysis, and pharmacoeconomics evaluation studies.
- health technology assessment
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Drug Discovery, Design and Delivery
Development of system-level policy models for hepatitis B virus (HBV), hepatitis C virus (HCV), and cardiovascular diseases (CVD) Pharmacoeconomics of cancer therapies, and chronic hepatitis B/C therapies Pharmacoinformatics: incorporating pharmacoeconomics model to enhance computational dru g discovery process
- 2012 Postdoctoral Fellowship Medical Decision Making and Health Economics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2009 PhD Computer Science, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
- 2000 MMath Computer Science, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
- 1999 BSc Computer Science and Statistics, York University, Ontario, Canada
- 2018-2023 Early Researcher Award, Ministry of Research, Innovation and Science, Government of Ontario
- Dr. Wong is a member of the Ontario Health Technology Advisory Committee (OHTAC) for Health Quality Ontario (HQO). He served as a health economics modeling expert for the province. The committee reviews health technology assessments and makes recommendations on which health care services and devices should be publicly funded.
- Dr. Wong is also a member of college of reviewers for CIHR.
- Since 2014, Dr. Wong has served as a modeling expert for various policy makers, including the Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH), the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), and the Canadian Task Force on Preventive Health Care (CTPHC).
- PHARM 151 - Foundation and Application of Health Informatics
- Taught in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- PHARM 401 - Independent Study 2
- Taught in 2021, 2022, 2023
- PHARM 618 - Applied Health Economics and Pharmacoeconomics
- Taught in 2020, 2021, 2023
* Only courses taught in the past 5 years are displayed.
- Tian F, Houle S, Alsabbagh W, Wong W.W.L. (2020). Cost-effectiveness of Tenofovir Alafenamide for treatment of chronic hepatitis B in Canada. PharmacoEconomics, v38,2:181-192.
- Saeed Y, Phoon A, Bielecki JM, Mitsakakis N, Bremner K, Abrahamyan L, Pechlivanoglou P, Feld J, Krahn M, and Wong W.W.L. (2020) A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Health Utilities in Chronic Hepatitis C Patients, Value in Health, v23,1:127-137.
- Wong W.W.L., Pechlivanoglou P, Wong J, Bielecki J, Haines A, Erman A, Saeed Y, Phoon A, Tadrous M, Younis M, Rayad N, Rac V, Janssen HLA, Krahn M. (2019) Antiviral treatment for chronic hepatitis B: Systematic review and network meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials, Systematic Reviews, v8:207.
- Wong W.W.L., Zargar M, Berry S., Ko Y., Riesco-Martinez M.C., and Chan K.K. (2019). Cost-effectiveness analysis of selective first line use of biologics for wild-type RAS unresectable metastatic colorectal cancer based on primary tumor location. Current Oncology, v26,5:e597-e609.
- Hamadeh A, Feng Z, Krahn M, Wong W.W.L. (2019). A Model-based framework for chronic hepatitis C prevalence estimation. PLoS One, v14,11:e0225366.
- Tully S, Feng Z, Grindrod K, McFarlane T, Chan KKW, Wong W.W.L. (2019) Impact of increasing wait-times on overall mortality of Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-cell therapy in large B-cell lymphoma: A discrete event simulation model. JCO Clinical Cancer Informatics, v3:1-9. doi: 10.1200/CCI.19.00086.
- Pullagura G.R., Waite N.M., Houle S., Violette R. Wong W.W.L. (2019). Cost-utility analysis of offering a remunerated community-pharmacist consultation service on influenza vaccination for seniors in Ontario, Canada. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association, v59,4:489-497.
- For more on Dr. Wong's publications, see his Publications Webpage: http://www.williamwlwong.com/publications.html