Purpose: Bulk wet silicon etch via solutions of KOH
The Reynoldstech bulk Si etch wetbench is dedicated to performing wet isotropic Si etching using KOH solutions. KOH solutions are capable of etching Si with a directional selectivity of over 80:1 (<100>/<111>).
This wetbench is equipped with a heated quartz tank with reflux collar and recirculation and mechanical agitation. Automated wafer rinsing is accomplished through a cascade rinse tank. This bench is also equipped with a sink and an aspirator for cleanup.
System features and options:
- Foot-pedal actuated deionized (DI) water gooseneck
- DI water spray rinse basket
- DI water and nitrogen spray guns
- Temperature-controlled quartz KOH bath with adjustable mechanical agitation
- Stirred ceramic hotplate
- Cascade-type DI water rinse tank
- Drying rack