School of Accounting & Finance
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
All Faculty members in the School of Accounting and Finance, University of Waterloo.
Membership in the Centre is open to people interested in conducting research and/or addressing accounting education problems.
The Centre for Accounting Research and Education (CARE) was created in 1981. It holds symposia and conferences, offers education programs, and publishes working papers, conference proceedings, reports and monographs. Areas of inquiry encompass the breadth of the accounting discipline including its many inter-disciplinary interfaces. Areas of research and education interest include financial accounting, managerial accounting, auditing and attestation, taxation, finance and accounting information systems.
- Promote the goals and objectives of the University of Waterloo in general and the School of Accounting and Finance in particular.
- Make known the commitment of the University of Waterloo to excellence in the areas of fundamental and applied accounting research and accounting education.
- Encourage inter-disciplinary accounting research by accounting academics and non-accounting academics--particularly faculty members from other disciplines at the University of Waterloo whose research interests can contribute to the solution of problems of mutual interest.
- Serve as a focus for fund raising in support of the various activities of the Centre.
- Facilitate accounting research, applied as well as basic, by students and faculty.
- Hold conferences, symposia and technical workshops.
- Publish working papers, monographs, conference proceedings and reports.
- Prepare accounting education materials—cases, technical notes and texts for use by universities and professional accounting bodies.
- Contract research related to accounting.
- Present professional development programs.
Dr. Jim Barnett, HH 3108, x35143, email@example.com