Assistant Professor, Finance
Office: Hagey Hall 3126
Phone: 519-888-4567 x38886
Education and certifications
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Alberta, Finance
- Master of Business Administration, University of Alberta, Specialization: International Business
- Master of Forestry, University of Alberta
- Bachelor of Science, University of British Columbia
- Chalmers, J., A. Kaul and B. Phillips, 2013, The wisdom of crowds: Mutual fund investors' aggregate asset allocation decisions, Journal of Banking and Finance 37, 3318-3333.
- Hendershott, T., E. Namvar and B. Phillips, 2013, The intended and collateral effects of short-sale bans as a regulatory tool, Journal of Investment Management 11-3.
- Namvar E. and B. Phillips, 2013, Commonalities in investment strategy and the determinants of performance in mutual fund mergers, Journal of Banking and Finance 37, 625-635.
- Harris, L., E. Namvar and B. Phillips, 2013, Price inflation and wealth transfer during the 2008 SEC short-sale ban, Journal of Investment Management 11- 2, 1-23.
- Phillips, B., 2011, Options, short sale constraints and market efficiency: A new perspective, Journal of Banking and Finance 35, 430-442.
- Credit default swaps and the market for sovereign debt, 2013, with Iuliana Ismailescu
- Do hedge fund managers manage beta risk?, 2013, with Ethan Namvar, Kuntara Pukthuanthong and Raghu Rau
- Limited attention and the uninformative persuasion of mutual fund investors, 2013, with Kuntara Pukthuanthong and Raghu Rau
- Order Characteristics, uncertainty and price formation in the foreign exchange market, 2012, with Aditya Kaul and Stephen Sapp
- Ruling out suspects in the January Effect line-up: Evidence from New York Stock Exchange archival data, 2012, with Vikas Mehrotra and Randall Morck
- Size doesn't matter: Diseconomies of scale in the mutual fund industry revisited, 2013, with Kuntara Pukthuanthong and Raghu Rau
- Copycats in mutual fund management with Kuntara Pukthuanthong and Raghu Rau
- Copies of working papers can be obtained from Social Science Research Network.
- 1851 - 1925 New York Stock Exchange Historic Database (with Randall Morck and Vikas Mehrotra)
University of Waterloo