Office: Hagey Hall 3111
Phone: 519-888-4567 x35385
Education and certifications
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), CA
- CPA Illinois
- Honours BA (Waterloo)
- MAcc (Waterloo)
I am the Associate Director - Admissions for the SAF Master of Accounting (MAcc) program (2013 to present).
From 2004 to 2012, as Associate Director of the Master of Taxation program, I was responsible for administration of the admission process, promotion of the program to prospective students and placement of MTax students with CA firm, industry and government employers.
I teach Canadian Taxation to Accounting and Financial Management (AFM) and Master of Accounting (MAcc) students (2001 to present).
My area of interest is International Taxation in a Canadian cross border context. Treaty interpretation, tax implications of inbound and outbound investment, transfer pricing and cross border loans are topics of interest.
- Author, Barnett, Beam, Laiken., Johnstone, Mescall, Robson, Introduction to Federal Income Taxation in Canada
- Contributor, Jean-Pierre Vidal, Introduction to International Tax in Canada
- Integrative Tax Case, TAC West Competition, 2008
- Integrative Tax Case, CMA Ontario Public Accountancy Licensing Program, 2009
- "Tinkering with Section 17", Commerce Clearing House (CCH) Tax Topics, 2003
- "Tax Implications of U.S. Merger to Canadian Shareholders", CCH Legal Works - Corporate Brief, 2001
- AFM 462 - Taxation III
- ACC 607 - Tax Issues Integration
- ACC 605 - International Tax (prior)
- AFM 461 - Advanced Canadian Taxation (prior)
- Senior Tax Manager, Price Waterhouse Coopers LLP, Waterloo, ON., 1994-2000
- Tutor, Canadian Institute for Chartered Accountants (CICA) In-Depth Tax Course, Parts I and II, 1996-2000
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation