Assistant Professor, Financial Accounting
Education and Certificates
- B.ASc., Industrial Engineering (University of Toronto)
- M.A., Economics (York University)
- M.Sc., Finance (Queen’s University)
- Ph.D., Financial Accounting (University of Toronto)
Sasan is interested in:
- Corporate governance
- Economic consequences of accounting information and disclosure
- Financial statement analysis and valuation
- Accounting for financial institutions
- "Director Compensation and Related-Party Transactions", with Ole-Kristian Hope and Ross Lu; Review of Accounting Studies (Forthcoming)
- "Fundamental Analysis of banks: the use of financial statement information to screen winners from losers", with Partha Mohanram and Dushyant Vyas; Review of Accounting Studies, November 2017: 1-34.
- "The Impact of Operational Control Quality on Operational Efficiency and Cost of Capital: Evidence from U.S. Bank Holding Companies" (Under review).
- “The effect of employee recognition on employee engagement and performance”, with Adam Presslee, Greg Richins, and Alan Webb.
- "Government Monitoring and Information Precision: Evidence from Government Contractors", with Tzu-Ting Chiu, Jeong-Bon Kim, and Dushyant Vyas
- "Employee Quality and Firm Operation Outcomes", with Muhammad Azim
- AFM 101 – Introduction to Financial Accounting (Course coordinator)
- AFM 391 - Intermediate Financial Accounting (Course coordinator)
University of Waterloo