Office: HH 289C
Phone: 519-888-4567 x32533
Education and certifications
- PhD, Accounting (University of Waterloo) 2011
- MAcc (University of Waterloo) 2003
- BA, Accountancy (University of Waterloo) 2002
- Chartered Professional Accountant, CA (Ontario) 2005
Bauer, T. D. and C. Estep. One Team or Two? Investigating Relationship Quality between Auditors and IT Specialists: Implications for Audit Team Identity and the Audit Process. Contemporary Accounting Research, forthcoming.
Trotman, K. T., T. D. Bauer, and K. A. Humphreys. 2015. Group Judgment and Decision Making in Auditing: Past and Future Research. Accounting, Organizations and Society 47: 56-72.
Bauer, T. D. 2015. The Effects of Client Identity Strength and Professional Identity Salience on Auditor Judgments. The Accounting Review 90 (1): 95-114.
Bauer, T. D., B. Dehning, and T. C. Stratopoulos. 2012. The Financial Performance of Global Information and Communication Technology Companies. Journal of Information Systems 26 (2): 119-152.
- Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, 2017-present
- Contemporary Accounting Research, 2013-present
Distinguished Alumnus, School of Accounting and Finance Fellowship Program, University of Waterloo, 2004-present
List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent, University of Illinois, 2013-14, 2016-2017
- Center for Audit Quality (CAQ), "The Unintended Consequences of Material Weakness Reporting on Auditors' Acceptance of Aggressive Client Reporting", with A. Bucaro and C. Estep, 2017, access to 150 auditor professionals
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), "Who are the Risk-Takers?", with A. Bauer and D. Curran, 2015-2017, $74,000
- Canadian Financial Executives Research Foundation (CFERF), "Corporate Reporting Awards and Financial Reporting Quality", with J. E. Boritz, 2008, $10,000