Since our forms ask for your personal information, it’s important to keep them secure. The best way to submit a form is to upload it through your OSAP account.
Alternatively, you can use Sendit, the University’s secure file transfer service:
- Login to Sendit with your WatIAM ID and password
- Enter our email address – email@example.com
- Upload the completed form and send.
All documents require an original signature. Digital, computerized and typed signatures will not be accepted.
OSAP extension form
The Spring OSAP extension form is used instead of a new online OSAP application to add a term to your current application if:
- You're returning for an additional academic term
- You'll be on a co-op work term in spring 2021 and require additional funding for living costs. Submit this form after you've accepted a position for your co-op work term and can provide your income for the term.
- You'll be completing an undergraduate degree and returning as a graduate student in the spring
The OSAP Winter 2021 extension deadline was Feb 25, 2021. The form is now closed.
OSAP Application update form
Use this form to make changes to your OSAP application such as course load, program information, income and withdrawal from studies.
OSAP Acknowledgement of Academic Probation
Use this form if you're on OSAP Academic Probation because you've not maintained satisfactory academic standing. Attach additional pages if more space is required.
OSAP Academic Progress
Use this form as a template if you have been notified in your application that you are not satisfactorily progressing through your program. Examples include multiple program switches, multiple study periods for the same academic year/level of your program.
This is not used for OSAP Academic Probation.
Foreign or non-taxable income verification
- Earned outside of Canada
- From a non-taxable source
- Cannot be verified by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Use this form if you've been advised that you must provide parental information in order for your OSAP application to be considered.
Studies at another institution
Use this form if you're enrolled in courses at another post-secondary institution while attending the University of Waterloo and would like those costs included as part of your Waterloo OSAP assessment.
Continuation of Interest Free Status
Submit an Interest Free Status application online by logging into your OSAP account.
If you’re back in school full-time and have previous OSAP loans, then you need to ensure that they're placed into interest-free status so you don't have to start repayment.
Do I need to complete a CIFS??
A CIFS is needed to keep your previous OSAP loans in interest-free status if you're:
- Not currently receiving OSAP or your OSAP funding is delayed and
- Enrolled in full-time studies in an OSAP approved program or
- On an official work term (8 month coop work term)