To be considered for the full-time bursary, you need to:
- be enrolled full-time during the term you want to apply (co-op work terms are not eligible)
- be fees arranged for the current term
- be in satisfactory academic standing
- have financial need
Apply for the full-time bursary
NEW – An online bursary form has been created and can be accessed through Quest. Look for the link to the bursary application in the Financial Aid tile.
Use this form to apply for a bursary, including the Academic Readiness Bursary, if you are a full-time undergraduate or graduate student, and a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident.
Instructions and important information
See How do I complete a bursary application? for assistance completing this form. You should complete the application questions in order, as this application is interactive and questions are dependent on previous responses. Decisions will be emailed to your University of Waterloo email account.
Students who have applied for OSAP or a Canadian equivalent:
- Your bursary application should match the study period on your OSAP/provincial student aid application
- Your OSAP application must be complete and the Confirmation of Income on your OSAP application must also be submitted (if required) before we can assess your bursary application
- Students with financial assistance from another Canadian province are reminded to submit their detailed Notice of Assessment with their application
- OSAP funded undergraduate students who receive the Automatic bursary are only eligible for additional bursary assistance in exceptional circumstances
- Expect a processing time of 6-8 weeks from the start of the term for a bursary decision. Decisions will be emailed to your University of Waterloo email.
If you require an early bursary assessment to assist with your fee payment, add a note in the Additional Comments section.
Receiving the bursary
The bursary is applied to your Quest account after your application is approved. Decisions will be emailed to your University of Waterloo email account. Please allow 8 weeks from the start of the term for processing.
Fall 2020 applications received to date are currently being reviewed. Decisions will be communicated by email in early November.
- If you have any outstanding fees the funds will be used to pay those fees first
- If your fees are paid in full, the funds will be directly deposited to your banking information on Quest. Follow instructions here to set up banking details on Quest.
- The bursary amount may be adjusted at any time if changes are made to your OSAP application, such as course load or income
All bursary decisions are final. Appeals will be considered only if there’s new information with supporting documentation.
- Fall term only October 30
- Fall and winter term February 28
- Winter term only February 28
- Winter and spring term June 22
- Spring term only June 22
Bursaries are reviewed after the deadlines listed above.
Students at Conrad Grebel, Renison, St. Jerome's, or St. Paul's
Students at Conrad Grebel, Renison, St. Jerome’s or St. Paul’s should consult their respective school to find out about their bursaries.
You may also be eligible for the automatic bursary or other bursaries administered by Student Awards & Financial Aid.