To be considered for the full-time bursary, you need to:
- be enrolled full-time during the term you want to apply (co-op work terms are not eligible)
- be fees arranged for the current term
- be in satisfactory academic standing
- have financial need
- have your enrolment confirmed with OSAP (or another province, if not eligible for OSAP) for the term you’re applying for
- expect to receive all OSAP loans and grants that you’re eligible for (i.e. you aren’t applying for grant-only funding)
Apply for the full-time bursary
Submit the full-time bursary application to the Student Awards & Financial Aid office.
Out of province students:
Submit the following to the Student Awards & Financial Aid office:
- Full-time bursary application
- A copy of your student loan assessment
You’ll receive an email once a decision is made. Please allow 4-6 weeks after the due date for processing.
Receiving the bursary
The bursary is applied to your Quest account after your application is approved. You’ll receive an email once a decision is made. Please allow 4-6 weeks after the due date for processing.
- If you have any outstanding fees the funds will be used to pay those fees first
- If your fees are paid in full, a cheque will be mailed to your address on Quest
- The bursary amount may be adjusted at any time if changes are made to your OSAP application, such as course load or income
All bursary decisions are final. Appeals will be considered only if there’s new or exceptional information with supporting documentation. Email Linda Jajko or call 519-888-4567 ext. 35726 for more information.
- Fall term only October 30
- Fall and winter term February 28
- Winter term only February 28
- Winter and spring term June 22
- Spring term only June 22
Bursaries are reviewed after the deadlines listed above.
Applicants from Conrad Grebel, Renison, St. Jerome's and St. Paul's
Students enrolled at the federated universities and affiliated colleges should consult their respective schools to find out about their bursaries. In most cases, these students are eligible for bursaries administered by the Student Awards & Financial Aid Office at UWaterloo.