Post a job
Step 1: Request a work study position
Email Kerri-Lee Lewis, Financial Aid Assistant - Special Programs, to request the:
- Work-study information form
- Work-study job application form
Step 2: Submit a job posting
- Complete the work-study job application form and return to Student Awards & Financial Aid, Ira G. Needles Hall (NH)
Step 3: Job is approved and posted
- Approval notice will be emailed to you
- Job will be posted on the work-study website
Hire a student
Step 1: Students apply for jobs
- The FAA-Special Programs will determine each applicant’s eligibility for the work-study program
- Eligible students will be given your contact information to arrange an interview
- You may request the student’s resume and class schedule to help determine the most suitable candidates
Step 2: Arrange an interview
- Conduct an interview as you would for any part-time position
- To verify each student’s eligibility, confirm they have the:
- Work-study referral page, and,
- Work-study Declaration of Student’s Eligibility/Hiring form
Step 3: Hire a student
- Complete and return the Work-study Declaration form to Student Awards & Financial Aid.
Note: This form is used to finalize the work-study funding arrangement between your department and the University. If not received, your department will be responsible for the student’s full salary.
Step 4: Hire the student using Workday
- Using the HR Workday user guide for managers follow the instructions on Hire a Work Study employee.
- Once submitted, the hire is now complete and will go to HR for review.
Step 5: Paying a student
- Submit payroll on Workday to Human Resources on a biweekly basis to ensure the student is paid.
- Reference the HR Workday user guide for managers Time Entry and Approval instructions on how to submit payroll or contact Workday support