Disruptive innovations are quickly changing our daily lives, including how we shop, share, bank, commute, learn, access entertainment, and connect with others. Many of these, such as paperless banking or bike sharing, can help improve local and global sustainability.
What’s the next disruptive innovation that can steer us toward a more sustainable future?
If you think you have an answer to that question, join WWF Canada and sustainability professionals in an inter-campus hackathon to represent the University of Waterloo!
You'll be able to:
- Create and innovate with fellow students
- Compete with other campuses for a $1,200 team prize!
- Receive mentoring for winning team
- Network with professionals from different industries
- Build your resume with this unique experience
Students are challenged to apply as a team or as an individual to think about the next big innovation that is going to shift us to a more sustainable future.
How to apply
1. Click "Apply" on the Designing Change for a Living Planet webpage
- You may register as an individual or as a campus team of four
- You must apply by the deadline before 11:59PM E.S.T on Monday March 5th, 2019
2. Create an application
Share about yourself/team:
- Why you are interested in participating in Designing Change for a Living Planet
- What academic experience you have with sustainability and/or conservation
- What opportunities you've had to engage in leadership, teamwork, and presentations
- What skills you are seeking to gain from participating